Below are some of the training programs previously organized by Dr. Mark in China:
(1) Practical Course on Chinese Herb Recognition
This course was run 7 seven times between 2011 and 2016. It was organized for student-practitioners from Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM) and covered 20 hours of CEUs over the span of 4 days.
Find out more about the course by clicking here.
(2) American Board of Reproductive Medicine (ABORM) Training Program in China
This training program was organized in partnership with Dr. Ray Rubio from the American Board of Reproductive Medicine during the 4 years from 2012 to 2015. It was a two-week course that involved:
- Observing 4 different experienced (名老中医) fertility specialists in Nanjing. Some of these specialists are from the direct lineage of Xia Gui Cheng (夏桂成); others are his peers who are also his rivals; some might have already passed on
- Immediately attending 4 sets of 3-hour lectures by Juliana Hoyos and Mark Chern on unique approaches of each fertility specialist, including interpretations of blood tests and imaging, treatment protocols for different conditions (e.g. PCOS, endometriosis, amenorrhea, diminished ovarian reserve, etc), herbal formulation preferences, integration of chinese herbs with western IVF protocols.
Click here to find out more about the course details.
(3) Applied Clinical Gynecology
This was a course run for Chinese Medicine students from RMIT in the year 2013. Click here to find out more about the course details.
(4) Herbal Formulation: Focus on Gastroenterology
This was a course run for Chinese Medicine students at Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine in the year 2010. Click here to find out more about the course details.
(5) Channel Palpation – Dr. Wang Ju-Yi
The 2010 Channel Palpation workshop with Dr. Wang Ju-Yu in Beijing was organized in tandem with Richard Blitstein for alumni of Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. It involved a week-long observation and study with Dr. Wang himself. More on it here.